Thursday, October 16, 2008

Al Smith Memorial Dinner

My mother just called to inform me of this highly entertaining event.

In the spirit of comedy, both candidates mocked the catch phrases and controversy surrounding their campaigns. I can't wait to get the transcript online, but some of the highlights from Obama included:

"You may know that I got my name, Barack, from my father. What you may not know is Barack is Swahili for 'That One.'"
"Not once have I ever put lipstick on a pig... or myself."
"My middle name is actually Steve... that's right Barack Steve Obama."
"Fox News actually accused me of fathering two African American children in wedlock. By the way John, im curious, is Fox News actually included in the media?!"
"At the campaign rallies, someone started yelling 'NOBAMA'.... I wish Joe Biden wouldn't have done that."

[more to come]

No comments: